Hydrostatic pressure testing cylinders
Cylinders filled with medical Oxygen have to be hydrostatic pressure tested every five years. The cylinders have to be tested for strength and leaks. The hydrostatic pressure test involves filling the cylinders with water and pressurization of the cylinders in order to test the pressure. The pressure tightness can be tested by shutting off the supply valve and observing whether there is a pressure loss. We can hydrostatic pressure test various types and sizes of cylinders at our testing station in Woerden.
How we work:
- Send a request containing the following information:
- Amount of cylinders
- Cylinder sizes
- Valve type
- Picture (if possible)
- Seafarma will reply with an offer.
- After approval an order can be placed including a specification on when pressure testing of the cylinders is needed.
- Seafarma will make arrangements and email the packing list and further details.
- The cylinders can be brought to our warehouse in Woerden.
- Seafarma will notify when the cylinders can be collected in Woerden.
- The cylinders will be filled with medical Oxygen after the pressure test.
- We are not able to test cylinders which are in poor condition.
- A surcharge will apply if the cylinders need to be emptied.
- Cylinders of 40L or larger can only be pressure tested on Tuesday.
- The lead time for testing cylinders is one day.
Frequently asked questions?
The lead time for filling cylinders with medical Oxygen is approximately 1.5L/pm.
The date of the hydrostatic pressure test should be engraved in the shoulder of the cylinder. If you cannot find any engravement on the cylinder, the cylinder needs to be hydrostatic pressure tested before it can be filled. If you do not understand the engravement on your cylinder, you can send a picture to our staff.
It takes one day to hydrostatic pressure test cylinders. Cylinders of 40L and larger can only be hydrostatic pressure tested on Tuesday.